The Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) is an institution of the East African Community (EAC), which in the context of Article 5 and 102 of the EAC Treaty is mandated to advise, develop and coordinate all matters related to higher education and research in the EAC.
IUCEA currently comprises more than 130 universities, colleges and other public and private degree-awarding institutions located in the EAC.
To become the leading EAC Institution for an exemplary Common Higher Education Area for a prosperous and sustainable East African Community
To encourage and develop mutually beneficial collaboration between Member Universities and between them and Governments and other organizations, both public and private
The objectives of IUCEA’s Strategic Plan 2021-2026 aim at furthering:
- Higher education sector coordination at the regional level by IUCEA.
- Regional harmonization of higher education systems, comprising the mutual recognition of qualifications and the mobility of staff, students, graduates, and professionals within the region and beyond.
- Professionalization of leadership and management of higher education institutions, resulting in outputs which drive the economic, social and ecological development in an integrated EAC.
- Adoption and utilization of technology at higher education institutions.
- Availability of integrated higher education information at IUCEA’s information portal.
- Dynamic interaction of knowledge generation, translation and realization processes for a sustainable Knowledge-Based Economy in the EAC.
IUCEA applies a programme-based approach to attain the objectives of the plan.
Programmes are thus developed, facilitated and implemented, paying attention to:
- EAC Regional Integration Agenda
- Transformation of Higher Education
- Skills development
- Human Resources Capacity
- Partnerships and linkages
- Resource mobilization
- Institutional development
- Best practices and standards
- Practical policy recommendations
Be a Partner
IUCEA welcomes partnerships and collaborations with regional and global players in Higher Education, Research and Innovation ecosystem, as well as the private sector.
Partners will strategically contribute and mutually benefit in:
- Intensification of regional integration through a strengthened higher education, research and innovation ecosystem.
- Delivery of regional policies, standards and guidelines for effective operationalization of the EAC’s Common Higher Education
- Fostering partnership and collaboration among academia, public and private sectors for skills and business transformation in the region.
- Nurturing best practices and strategies for training, research, management, leadership and overall governance of higher education in East Africa.
Let’s Work Together
IUCEA is ideally positioned with knowledge of the regional and global context of higher education, research and innovation ecosystem.
|149 downloads||10-06-2022 16:21||Download||487.1 KB|