The Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) wishes to announce a call for applicants to participate in the 2019/2020 staff mobility programme in the EAC Partner States for member universities.
The Staff Mobility Programme’s objective is to encourage the sharing of academic human resources, exchange of knowledge, skills and experiences and hence contribute to the EAC regional integration while at the same time helping address capacity gaps in member universities. Participants in the exchange programme are expected to offer their services in teaching, research, external examination, and community engagement.
IUCEA therefore, wishes to invite:
- Member universities, that wish to receive visiting Staff from universities in the other EAC Partner States, and
- Academic staff from member universities who would like to offer some or all of the 3 services under the Staff Mobility Programme to universities in the region but outside the country where the home university is located and is not a National of the country where the Host University is located. Member Universities can be found on iucea.org, under the heading, titled: Membership.
The Staff Mobility programme under this call is for a maximum of 3 months (equivalent of one semester) or 10 working days for External Examination, starting from the 3rd Week of January 2020 at the earliest, and latest 30th June 2020. Those starting from 30th June 2020 can participate up to 30th September 2020.
The applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- The Host Institutions must active members of IUCEA, (paying subscription fees with not more than one (1) year of arrears).
- A staff applying for the Staff Mobility Programme should be affiliated to an IUCEA Member institution.
- The academic staff have to be at either lecturer, senior lecturer, associate professor or professor level.
- The academic staff will only be hosted in a member university located in a different Partner State from the Home University or from the country of the applicant’s nationality.
- The staff comply with the submission procedures in No. 4 below
Details can be found in Form H for institutions and Form G for the academic staff.
Applicants should adhere to following procedures:
- Download and fill the relevant application forms from the IUCEA website: iucea.org under the link “Call for Application for Staff Mobility 2019/20”
- Fill the online questionnaire under the above link,
- Submit the documents in hard copy or scanned format and academic certificates to reach IUCEA at least 21 days before the planned date of commencement of participation in the programme.
- Selection Criteria
The following will be considered while selecting the winning applicants:
- Academic qualifications and ranks;
- Compliance of host and guest universities with IUCEA membership subscription;
- Priority areas of study/subjects as may be set by IUCEA from time to time; and
- Equity on the basis of first time beneficiaries, EAC Partner States and universities.
Contacts for Submission
The complete application forms and letter should be sent to:
INTER-UNIVERSITY COUNCIL FOR EAST AFRICA
PO BOX 7110,
KIGOBE ROAD, PLOT NO. M833, KYAMBOGO AREA,
Tel: +256414256251/2, Email:email@example.com,
For inquiries or any additional information, please contact Dr. Benedict Mtasiwa, Head of Exchange Linkages and Partnerships (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or Mr. Patrick Murenzi, Senior Exchange and Programmes Officer (email@example.com) at IUCEA.
[elfsight_file_embed id=”8″] [elfsight_file_embed id=”9″]