CALL FOR APPLICATIONS:
EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY STUDENTS’ MOBILITY SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME (EAC-SMS)
The Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) is inviting applications from eligible citizens of the EAC partner states for cohort 1 of the undergraduate programs under the East Africa Community Student’s Mobility Scholarship Scheme (EAC-SMS). This scholarship is supported by IUCEA-Member Universities, the IUCEA, and parents/guardians/self.
59 undergraduate scholarships are on offer in various disciplines for the academic year 2023/2024. The duration of the scholarship will depend on the selected university program for the Bachelor’s degree.
- Be a national and resident of the EAC Partner states (Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda).
- Should apply to a participating university from another East African partner state (not their country of origin/citizenship)
- Should qualify for admission in any of the available programs in a participating university, not in her/his country of citizenship.
- Be registered or registrable in the selected university program
- Be required to study in another EAC country (not their country of origin/citizenship)
The list of participating universities and programs is available with the application forms. To apply, download and submit complete application forms before the deadline. Incomplete applications or late submissions will not be considered.
CALL OPEN: September 9th, 2023
CALL CLOSES: October 1st, 2023 not later than 17:00 hours, East African Time.
More details about the scholarship are available at https://www.iucea.org/7930-2/