(PROCUREMENT REF. No. IUCEA/PRO/PREQ/2020-21/001)
- The Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) is an institution of the East African Community (EAC), whose mission is to promote strategic and sustainable development of higher education systems and research for supporting East Africa’s socio-economic development and regional integration. Its vision is to become an EAC strategic institution responsible for promoting, developing and coordinating human resources development and research. The Headquarters of IUCEA are in Kampala Uganda.
- IUCEA invites suitably qualified bidders to submit sealed bids for pre-qualification for the provision of supplies and services for the FY 2021/22 and 2022/23 detailed below:
- Supply of office furniture and fittings.
- Supply of security gadgets.
- Supply of office stationery.
- Supply of computers and related accessories.
- Supply of Newspapers: New vision of Uganda, Daily Nation of Kenya, New Times of Rwanda, Daily News of Tanzania, Le Renouveau of Burundi, The Juba Mirror of South Sudan, and The East African
- Travel & Air ticketing services (EAC Corporate rates) -IATA Registered Firms within the East African Region (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda).
- Design and/or printing of publications, publicity/promotional materials (brochures, books, proceedings, newsletters, banners, pens, etc), and IDs.
- Maintenance and repair of office equipment (telephones, binding machines, PABX, Computers, UPSs, and printers).
- Maintenance and repair of office furniture.
- Postage/Courier services (Local).
- Postage/Courier services (International).
- Car hire services.
- Clearing and forwarding services.
- Video Production services.
- Office cleaning, garbage disposal, fumigation, and gardening services.
- General Insurance Services (Fire and Special Perils, Burglary, All Risks, Electronic Equipment, Motor vehicle comprehensive insurance).
- Life Insurance (Group Life Assurance and Group Personal Accident).
- HR Consultancy services (HR policy reviews, Employees Training and development, Professional speaking, and counseling services).
- Medical Insurance Services in EAC (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda).
- Maintenance and repairs of electrical equipment including Air conditioners, generator, walkthrough, gate barrier, elevator lift.
- Plumbing services.
- Maintenance of the building (fitting and fixtures).
- Filling, repairs, and painting of IUCEA HQ building.
- Websites maintenance services.
- Hotel services (accommodation and conference facilities) in East Africa.
- Outside catering services.
- Provision of the multi-functional photocopier at IUCEA offices.
- Maintenance and repair of motor vehicles.
- Bidding will be conducted in accordance with the IUCEA Procurement Policies and Procedures 2014.
- Interested Bidders/Applicants will provide the following information: company name, physical, postal and electronic address, at least Trading Licence of 2020, Certificate of Registration/Incorporation, Tax Identification Number and Tax Clearance Certificate, Powers of Attorney Endorsed by Registrar of documents, and validity of the bid.
- Interested Bidders/Applicants may quote for any number of bid categories. IUCEA reserves the right to accept or reject any tender without giving reasons whatsoever, and does not bind itself to accept any bid, and any canvassing or giving falsified information will be used as a ground for disqualification.
- The pre-qualification bidding document in English may be purchased by interested Bidders/Applicants from IUCEA Accounts Unit at a non-refundable fee of USD 40.00 (United States Dollar Forty only) per category of supplies/services. For payment, interested bidders can remit funds to beneficiary’s name: Inter-University Council for East Africa, beneficiary account: 0100206013, beneficiary bank: CITIBANK Uganda Ltd, P O Box 7505, Kampala Uganda and Swift code: CITIUGKA. Thereafter, submit a scanned bank slip or proof of EFT to official email: email@example.com and a soft copy of the bidding document and receipt shall be sent immediately. For local firms, you may deliver your bank slip or proof of EFT to IUCEA Reception and get your receipt together with the hard copy of the bidding document.
- Sealed bids/submissions clearly marked “BID FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION FOR SUPPLIES/SERVICES …………………………………………’’ (Mention the type of supplies/service) must be submitted by Tuesday 9th March 2021 at 3:00 p.m. in original and three more copies in one plain envelope clearly addressed to Executive Secretary, Inter-University Council for East Africa, Plot M833, Kigobe Road, Kyambogo P.O. Box 7110 Kampala, Uganda. Tel: +256-414 256251/2
- Bids/submissions shall be opened internally in the absence of bidders’ due to MoH guidelines on COVID-19. Late bids will be rejected and returned unopened to bidders.
If you do not hear from IUCEA by 15th June 2021 consider yourself that you are unsuccessful.
The planned procurement schedule (subject to changes) is as follows:
|a.||First Publication of the Bid Notice||04/02/2021|
|d.||Display & communication of best-prequalified providers||31/03/2021|
|e.||Communication of offer||30/04/2021|
Inter-University Council for East Africa.