The guidelines are for the Call for applications for participation in the 2021staff mobility programme in the EAC Partner States for IUCEA member universities, involving Physical Visits and Virtual Visits.
2.0 IUCEA invite:
- Member universities, that wish to receive visiting Staff from universities in the other EAC Partner States, and
- Academic staff from member universities who would like to offer some or all of the 4 services under the Staff Mobility Programme to universities in the region but outside the country where the home university is located and not at a country of nationality of the visiting staff. IUCEA Member Universities can be found on the website iucea.org, under the heading titled: Membership.
The Staff Mobility programme under this call is for a maximum of 4months (equivalent of one semester) or 10 working days for External Examination, starting from the 3rd Week of September 2021at the earliest, and latest 30th June 2021. The selection will be made on first come first selected basis for eligible applicants.
The applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- A Host Institution being an active member of IUCEA (paying subscription fees with not more than one (1) year of arrears).
- An applying staff being affiliated to an active member of IUCEA
- The academic staff having an academic rank of either among the lecturer, senior lecturer, associate professor or professor
- Host University being a member university located in a different Partner State from the Home University and which is different from the country of the applicant’s nationality.
Details can be found in Form H for institutions and Form G for academic staff.
5.0 Application procedure
Applicants should adhere to the following procedure:
- Download and fill the relevant application forms from the IUCEA website: www.org under the link “Call for Application for Staff Mobility 2021
- Fill the online questionnaire under the above link,
- Submit the documents in hard copy or scanned format and academic certificates to reach IUCEA at least 21 days before the planned date of commencement of participation in the programme.
6.0 Selection Criteria
The following will be considered while selecting the applicants:
- Academic qualifications and ranks;
- Compliance of host and guest universities with IUCEA membership subscription;
- Priority areas of study/subjects as may be set by IUCEA from time to time; and
- Equity on the basis of first time beneficiaries, EAC Partner States and universities.
7.0 Contacts for Submission
The complete application forms and letter should be sent to:
INTER-UNIVERSITY COUNCIL FOR EAST AFRICA
PO BOX 7110
KIGOBE ROAD, PLOT NO. M833, KYAMBOGO AREA,
Tel: +256414256251/2, Email:email@example.com,
For inquiries or any additional information, please contact Dr. Benedict Mtasiwa, Chief Principal Exchange Programme Links and Partnerships (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or; Ms. Immaculate Kebirungi (email@example.com), Personal Secretary to Deputy Executive Secretary, IUCEA.