IUCEA General Assembly elects New Members of the Governing Board (2022-2024)
Members of the IUCEA Executive Commitee (2022-2024) with IUCEA Executive Secretary, Prof. Gaspard Banyankimbona (Centre) after election during the General Assembly in Bujumbura, Burundi
Bujumbura, 6 July 2022 – The 13th General Assembly of Inter University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) has elected new members of the IUCEA Governing Board and Prof. Calixte Kabera, Vice Chancellor, East African University, Republic of Rwanda as the Chairperson, for two years (2022-2024).
The General Assembly, which is the highest policy making organ of IUCEA, is comprised of Vice Chancellors and Principals from Member Universities, representatives of Ministries responsible for Higher Education and representatives of the Private Sector from EAC Partner States.
The IUCEA Governing Board is responsible for providing oversight on all operations and activities of IUCEA to ensure effective execution of its mandate.
Members of the Governing Board
The new members of the governing board include:
- Dr. Joseph Nyandwi, Director Général, Institut National de Santé Publique
- Dr. Jean Nshimirimana, Rector, Martin Luther King University,
- Prof. Isaac Kosgey, Vice Chancellor, Moi University,
- Prof. David Gichoya, Vice Chancellor, Kenya Methodist University,
- Prof Nosa O. Egiebor, Ag. Vice Chancellor, University of Rwanda,
- Prof. Deng Mannaseh Mac, Vice Chancellor, Rumbek University of Science & Technology
- Prof. Mathew Pagan Daniel Padiet, Vice Chancellor, Catholic University of S. Sudan
- Prof. Joy C Kwesiga, Vice Chancellor, Kabale University
- Prof. John Mugisha, Vice Chancellor, Cavendish University, Uganda
United Republic of Tanzania
- Prof. Andrea Pembe, Vice Chancellor, Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences,
- Prof. Costa Ricky Mahalu, Vice Chancellor, St Augustine University of Tanzania.
Inter University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) is specialised institution of the East African Community (EAC) responsible for development and coordination of higher education and research in the region. IUCEA members include both accredited public and private universities, commissions and councils responsible for Higher education in EAC Partner States.
For more Information Contact:
Corporate and Public Relations Office
Office of the Executive Secretary
P.O Box 7110, Kampala, Uganda
Tel: 256 414 256 251/2