The Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) is a strategic institution of the East African Community (EAC) responsible for coordinating the development of human resources and research in the EAC Higher Education Institutions. The main objectives of IUCEA are to (i) facilitate networking among universities in East Africa, and with universities outside the region; (ii) provide a forum for discussion on a wide range of academic and other matters relating to higher education in East Africa; and (iii) facilitate maintenance of internationally comparable education standards in East Africa so as to promote the region’s global competitiveness in higher education.
As an institution responsible for higher education in East African Community, IUCEA is looking for interested students from her member Universities in EAC, to undertake the internship programme in 2020. Please note that there should be no expectation of employment in IUCEA after the internship. The internship is unpaid, save the transport facilitation. An intern is full time and is expected to work eight hours a day, five days a week.
The internship positions are located at the IUCEA Secretariat in Kampala, Uganda. The period of internship is three (3) months from 1st June to 31st August 2020, in the departments of Accounts, Audit, ICT, ACE II (Communication), Human Resource and Administration (including Procurement and Records Management).
- Carry out tasks assigned under the guidance of the Supervisor,
- Assist in the organization of meetings and logistics,
- Attend meetings and assist in report writing and other content,
- Assist in other areas as requested by the supervisor.
- Observe all applicable rules and regulations, instructions, procedures and directives of IUCEA,
- Provide the receiving department with a report of internship and all materials produced during internship,
- Respect the impartiality and independence of EAC and the receiving department and shall not seek or accept instructions regarding the service performed under internship agreement from any Government or from any external authority to the EAC,
- Refrain from any conduct that would adversely reflect on IUCEA or the receiving department and will not engage in any activity which is incompatible with the aims of IUCEA.
- Good communication skills
- Team work
- Planning and organizing skills
To qualify for internship with IUCEA, applicants must have the following:
- Be enrolled in the first degree programme (at least second year of Bachelor’s level) in a member University
- Have a request/recommendation from the University
- Be computer literate in standard software applications
Applicants are NOT required to have work experience
English is the working language of EAC
Submission of Applications
The deadline for submission of applications to the IUCEA Secretariat is 31st March, 2020. Applications letters indicating the area of interest (department) should be sent in electronic or hard copies by registered mail and should be accompanied with the following:
- Letter of recommendation/request from the University
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of Nationality such as copy of passport bio data page/ National ID
Applications marked “APPLICATION FOR THE INTERNSHIP addressed to:
The Executive Secretary
Inter-University Council for East Africa
Plot M833, Kigobe Road
P.O. Box 7110, Kampala, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 256 251/2
|549 downloads||13-03-2020 23:04||Download||440.6 KB|