The IUCEA membership currently stands at 133 public and private Universities and University Colleges distributed within the five East African Countries of Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi and South Sudan. The membership is constantly increasing as new universities get admitted.
Who Can Join the IUCEA?
Public and private universities, polytechnics, higher education colleges, and other institutions recognized by the country authorities as degree-awarding higher education and research institutions. Can Download the form here or Fill the online form here to IUCEA, see the criteria below;
To be eligible to IUCEA membership, a university, university colleges, and other degree-awarding institutions shall:
- Be registered and recognized by a Competent Authority to operate in the Partner State; and
- Have a functional quality assurance system
Criterion for full membership
A university and other degree awarding institution in possession of accreditation by a national accreditation body of the host Partner State shall be admitted to Full Membership status
Criteria for associate membership
- A university, University College and other degree awarding institution in possession of a Provisional Licence or Letter of Interim Authority or a provisional operating agreement will be admitted as Associate Member and will participate fully in all IUCEA activities.
- A constituent college will be admitted as Associate Member
- Applications are submitted to IUCEA Executive Secretary
- IUCEA Secretariat verifies compliance of information provided with the criteria for IUCEA membership following verification by the National Commission/Councils for higher education in the respective Partner States.
- IUCEA Secretariat submits compliant applications to the Quality Assurance Committee for consideration and recommendation for approval by the Executive Committee
Irrespective of whether a university is public or private, the following formula for subscriptions based on the number of students registered at the respective university will apply.
|Number of Students||Full Membership Fee (USD)||Associate Members Fee (USD)|
|1 – 1000||2,000||1,500|
|1001 – 5000||4,000||2,000|
|5001 – 10,000||5,000||2,500|
|10,001 – Above||6,000||3,000|