Issuing date of the Call; 6th November 2018.
The Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) wishes to announce a call for applicants to participate in the 2018/2019 staff mobility programme in the EAC Partner States for member universities.
IUCEA is an institution of the East African Community (EAC) whose mission is to promote the strategic and sustainable development of Higher Education systems and research in support of East Africa’s Socio-economic development and regional integration. Section 6 (i) of the IUCEA Act, 2009, stipulates that the council shall “encourage the exchange of students and staff between member universities”. This is one of the main functions of IUCEA. The Staff Mobility Programme’s objective is to encourage the sharing of academic human resources, exchange of knowledge, skills and experiences and hence contribute to the EAC regional integration while at the same time helping address capacity gaps in member universities. Participants in the exchange programme are expected to offer their services in teaching, research, external examination, and community engagement.
The Staff Mobility programme under this call is for a maximum of 3 months or the equivalent of one semester starting from December 2018 at the earliest and latest 30th June 2019. Those starting from 30th June 2019 can participate up to 30th September 2019.
The applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- The Host Institutions must active members of IUCEA, (paying subscription fees).
- Academic staff applying for the Staff Mobility Programme should be affiliated to an IUCEA Member institution.
- The academic staff have to be at either lecturer, senior lecturer, associate professor or professor level.
Applicants should adhere to following procedures:
- Download and fill a relevant application forms ( Form H | PDF, Form G | PDF) and fill relevant online application form under the link form H for Host institutions and form G for the academic staff.
- Submit a duly filled application form, and an application letter to the Executive Secretary IUCEA using the contact details provided in section 6 below
- The applications should be submitted in hard copy or electronic formats to the contact address provided in section 6 below.
- The submitted documents should reach the IUCEA at least 21 days before the planned date of commencement of participation in the programme.
The following will be considered while selecting the winning applicants:
- Academic qualifications and ranks;
- Compliance of host and guest universities with IUCEA membership subscription;
- Priority areas of study/subjects as may be set by IUCEA from time to time; and
- Equity on the basis of first time beneficiaries, EAC Partner States and universities.
The complete application forms and letter should be sent to:
INTER-UNIVERSITY COUNCIL FOR EAST AFRICA
PO BOX 7110,
KIGOBE ROAD, PLOT NO. M833, KYAMBOGO AREA, Tel: +256414256251/2, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org,
For inquiries or any additional information, please contact Dr. Benedict Mtasiwa, Head of Exchange Linkages and Partnerships ( email@example.com ) or Mr. Patrick Murenzi, Senior Exchange and Programmes Officer ( firstname.lastname@example.org) at IUCEA.