SENIOR HIGHER EDUCATION RESEARCH COORDINATOR (P2)
The Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) is a strategic institution of the East African Community (EAC) responsible for coordinating the development of human resources and research in the EAC Higher Education Institutions. The main objectives of IUCEA are to (i) facilitate networking among universities in East Africa, and with universities outside the region; (ii) provide a forum for discussion on a wide range of academic and other matters relating to higher education in East Africa; and (iii) facilitate maintenance of internationally comparable education standards in East Africa so as to promote the region’s global competitiveness in higher education.
In order to fulfill its current mandate and to meet all its objectives and planned activities, IUCEA now wishes to recruit one staff at the Secretariat for the posts of SENIOR HIGHER EDUCATION RESEARCH COORDINATOR (P2)
Open to all applicants from EAC Partner States.
Unit: Research and Innovation Coordination
Job Reports to: Principal Innovation and Outreach Officer
Job Purpose: The job holder will provide support in the management of research information system for higher education and research institutions in the Community, and a higher education research repository. S/He will participate in the development and coordination of higher education research projects/programmes, and coordination of higher education research projects/Programmes
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promoting research in higher education and establishing and maintaining a repository and a research management information system
- Documenting higher education capacity in the Community to guide sharing of resources among higher education institutions in the region
- Promoting research in human capacity needs and emerging issues in the Community for enhancing sustainable socio-economic development and regional integration
- Advising higher education institutions with respect to the promotion of equity and the development of regional human resources in the Community
- Providing information to higher education institutions in the region on developments in higher education and research in other parts of the world
Key Performance Indicators
- Higher education information system developed and periodically updated
- Repository of higher education research established and operationalized
- Resource capacity of higher education institutions documented
- Number of research projects/programmes and publications on higher education in the region
Minimum Job Requirements
(a) Academic Qualifications
Having a Masters’s degree from a recognized University, A Ph.D. degree is an added advantage
(b) Work Experience
Have at least 8 years experience in teaching and research at least at the rank of Senior Lecturer, Senior Researcher, or equivalent in a recognized higher education institution,
(c) Key Competencies
- Must have sound knowledge of research management in higher education
- Have sound knowledge of information technology management
- Have sound experience in research proposal and report writing and project evaluation
- Be conversant with academic programs in higher education institutions and the multiple challenges and global pressures facing them
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Have sound computer knowledge and skills
How to apply:
Applications marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF SENIOR HIGHER EDUCATION RESEARCH COORDINATOR.
Complete the online form at this link https://www.iucea.org/lonz
5.0 Eligibility for applications for all positions:
This position is subject to the application of the Quota System of IUCEA. Senior Higher Education Research Coordinator, applicants from all the EAC Partner States are eligible to apply.
6.0 Terms and Conditions of Service:
The above position is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once.
7.0 Fringe Benefits:
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
8.0 Education Qualifications
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
9.0 Equal Opportunity:
The IUCEA is an equal-opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. IUCEA will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
10.0 Age Limit
Applicants should not be more than 55 years as the EAC retirement age is 60 years.
11.0 Submission of Applications
The deadline for submission of application forms [https://www.iucea.org/lonz] to the IUCEA Secretariat is 30th November 2022. Application forms should be filled out online accompanied by the following:
- Certified copies of the applicant’s degree awards
- Up-to-date and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
- Addresses of three referees, one of which should be of the current immediate supervisor.
- Any other relevant supporting documents
Submit the complete application and the required documents electronically to the following address:
The Executive Secretary
Inter-University Council for East Africa
P.O. Box 7110, Kampala, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 256 251/2
IUCEA will not accept hand-delivered applications. Applicants must complete application forms as indicated above.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.